The President’s Working Group on Financial Markets met at 8:30 AM today to announce the specifics of the new policy actions described by the President in the Rose Garden earlier this morning.
This note is just a collection of primary source documents from today’s announcement. Generalists will likely be interested in the first six documents, as well as #10. The other documents will be of interest primarily to financial experts.
Here you will find:
- The President’s remarks in the Rose Garden this morning
- A joint statement by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, and FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair
- A summary document that describes the package as a whole
- Statement by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson
- Statement by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke
- Statement by FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair
- Capital Purchase program description
- Capital Purchase program term sheet
- Executive Compensation rules
- Speech by Interim Assistant Secretary for Financial Stability Neel Kashkari on Implementation of the Economic Stabilization Act (delivered Monday 13 October)